Skip to main content Skip to search


Overseas Student and Visa Health Cover (OSHC & OVHC)

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) are the health insurance for international students and international visitors wishing to travel or work in Australia.

Overseas Student Health Cover

All international students must maintain adequate health insurance covering the entire duration of their stay in Australia. The applicant with his dependent must be covered by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an approved health insurance provider.

The nature of health cover depends upon the number of applicants included in the visa application. A single health cover is required for single applicant while for a couple or family members, either couple insurance or a family health cover is required. The cost of the insurance cover varies according to the duration and nature of the health cover as well as the health insurance provider.

Overseas Visa Health Cover

According to the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) visa conditions 8501 requirements for visa subclass 401, 407, 408, 416, 417, 420, 457, 461, 462, 482, 485 and more are required to have Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) while living or working in Australia.